iOS 13 - iOS 14
3.98/5 (1898 votes).
What devices does Lumi support?
- iPhone 6S
- iPhone 6S+
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7+
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8+
- iPhone X
- iPhone Xr
- iPhone Xs
- iPhone Xs Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone SE 2
What ios version can i use Lumi on?
Does Lumi work on all cameras?
How does this compare to iPhone 11 night mode?
- Small aperture of f/2.2 (compared to f/1.8 of newer iPhones)
- No OIS (optical image stabilisation) hence preventing longer handheld exposures (iPhone 6S+ does have a stabiliser and will perform slightly better in dark environments)
- Noisy camera sensor
- Mediocre maximum ISO of 1700
- Slow processor which prevents the ability to process large number of frames in a reasonable amount of time
I am an iPhone 11 owner. Why do i need it?
Does it require internet connection?
Can i take pictures of moving subjects in low light using this tweak?
Does it require a Tripod?
Can Lumi do astrophotography?
When i enable Lumi, my camera preview appears laggy. Why?
Why does the camera preview looks blown out in day light when Lumi is on?
Why does Lumi take so much time to take a photo when stock camera can do it in a blink of an eye?
How do i save the original stock image?
I don't understand anything about the technical terms you are throwing. Can i still use Lumi?
- Tap to focus on your subject (wait for focussing to be slow. Note: Focussing can be very slow in very dark)
- Hold still for 5 seconds until Lumi captures multiple images
- It will smartly merge them and you can get see your photo from roll
How do i take awesome night pictures?
- Choose a moderate/dim scene with uniform lighting (avoid harsh light source like lamps/street lights)
- Use a tripod or rest your hands/phone on a surface for maximum sharpness
- Always tap to focus before taking each photo and wait for focus to stabilises (Focussing can take 1-3 seconds to lock in dark scenes)
- Hold your phone using two hands as it reduces hand motion
- Hold your breath if you are doing handheld shot (Yes, this helps!!)
- For selfies, do not blink your eyes and try to stay still with minimal head motion
- For human portraits, make sure your subjects hold very still for up to 5 seconds
- Avoid scenes having any kind of motion like cars, persons, crowds, pets, windy trees
How does it compare to the Appstore app NeuralCam?
-Fixed lumi button not appearing for A12+ devices on ios 14
-Note that Lumi does not support iPhone 12 series because these devices already have night mode on all cameras. So you can use stock night mode (which is more powerful than Lumi) on these devices.
-Added missing arm64e architecture
-Added manual white balance tool. This will allow you to change the temperature before taking a shot. This can be very useful when dealing with scenes which have strong color lighting.
-Added tripod mode
When tripod mode is activated, Lumi will use the maximum exposure duration allowed by the camera hardware. For iPhone XR and above,the maximum duration is 1 second but this cannot be used handheld because it might produce blurry photos. Since shooting at 1 second shutter speed is very sensitive to handshake, a tripod is required for this mode. All iPhones released before iPhone XR are limited to 1/3 seconds of maximum exposure duration. Hence using tripod mode on such devices will not have any effect. As a workaround, the tweak has an experimental processing for iPhone X/8/8+/SE 2 which will be used in dark environments when turning on tripod mode. For iPhone 6s/SE 1, enabling this mode will produce in better results for dark scenes. For iPhone 7/7+/6S+ it will not have any effect.
-Fixed square artifefacts appearing in certain parts of images
-Improved color noise reduction
-Improvements for ultra wide camera
-Potential fix for "too bright alert" popup when in dark scene
-Disabled shutter button while camera is focussing
-Slightly improved image quality
-Added soft torch for taking photos in extremely dark scenes and can also be used as a focus illuminator
-Added front flash selfie for brighter selfies in very dark environments
-Support for ios 14
-Added experimental auto white balance option
-Fixed dark camera preview when opening app from background
-Prevent activation of live photo mode when Lumi is on
-Fixed zoom control appearing when lumi is toggle on
-Added manual focus control
-Potential fixes for ios 14 crash
-Fixed zoom control hidden when switching to other modes
-Disabled live photo when toggling on Lumi due to camera start failures
-Lumi will be turned off when to switching between front and back cameras. This is due to a complex bug regarding camera switching and reconfiguration. As such, you will have to manually turn on Lumi when you switch between those cameras.
-Fixed shutter button not working in Panorama mode after Lumi was turned on
-Added error alert for unsuported iphone 6s front camera
-Hide focus indicator automatically after Lumi is toggled on
-Fixed dark camera when opening app from background when Lumi was already toggled on
-Reduced icon size in preference bundle
-Added an option to mirror selfies (since Lumi cannot work with other mirroring tweaks)
-Fixed black screen on iphone 11 portrait mode
-Fixed zoom control appearing when Lumi is on
-Reduced frequency of "too bright" error alert when attempting a Lumi capture
-Improvements for backlit scene photos
-Fixed shutter button not working randomly